5 Simple Recipes for School Snacks and LunchesPosted on: , by :
It’s back to school time and if you are short on ideas for those lunch boxes that have to go every day, here are 5
- 2 cups of pasta or any shape pasta
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes diced into medium-sized bites
- ¾ cup sweet corn boiled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Boil pasta as per instructions on packet with a small bit of salt. Drain and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- For the dressing, place the olive oil, pepper powder and salt in a bowl and whisk vigorously.
- To serve – take a deep bowl, put in the pasta, tomatoes and sweet corn. Pour in the dressing and toss well.
Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 cup ripe mangoes
- 1 cup fresh lychees
- 1 cup fresh black seedless grapes
- 3 small bananas
- Chop mangoes into cubes, lychees into pieces, seedless grapes into half and slice the bananas. Mix all these fruits together in a serving bowl.
- Pour your cooled custard on fruits, mix well and serve.
- You can use any mix of cut fruits for this. Squeezing juice of half a lime over the fruits will help them stay fresher for longer in the lunch box.
- Packet of Maggi Masala flavour – 1
- Large tomato chopped – 1
- Small onion chopped finely – 1
- Small carrot chopped finely – 1
- Small boiled potato, peeled and chopped – 1 (optional)
- Small Green chilli minced – 1 (Optional)
- Sprig of fresh coriander leaves shredded – 1
- Water – ¼ cup
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, take out the uncooked Maggi and break it up into small bits.
- Now take the masala seasoning and empty it into a small bowl. Mix this powder with the quarter cup of water that you have till all the lumps are gone.
- Now in your medium sized bowl with the Maggi, add in the tomatoes, onions, green chilli and potatoes and stir it all to mix it.
- Now pour in the masala liquid that you have made.
- Close the bowl and shake well to mix all the ingredients together.
- Decorate with coriander and eat up!
Mix Veggie Bow Pasta
- Any pasta of your choice boiled and drained – 3 cups
- Large carrot chopped – 1
- Mushrooms, washed, chopped – 150gms
- Spinach (without stems), washed and chopped – 1 small bunch
- Pepper – ¼ tsp (or to taste)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
For white sauce
- Wheat flour – 2 heaped tbsps.
- Butter – 2 tbsps
- Milk – 1 cup (you may need a bit more based on consistency you like)
- In a deep frying pan, heat 2tbsp of oil and fry the mushrooms and carrots. The mushroom will release some water. Cook till all the water has evaporated.
- When still on the fire, sprinkle the carrot and mushrooms with the pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Add the chopped spinach and mix well. Turn off the fire when the spinach is wilted and set the mixture aside.
- In another deep pan, melt the butter. Once done, add in the wheat flour 1 tsp at a time and fry till you get a nice crumbly mix.
- Pour in a quarter cup of the milk and mix well. Keep stirring till you see the lumps smoothening out. When the mix starts leaving the sides, add in more of the milk. Keep repeating this till you have a smooth sauce.
- Add in the vegetables and the pasta and toss them all together.
- Serve hot